PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Systems: E-Sport
Thread: Systems: E-Sport
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Re: E-Sport

Originally Posted by OutlawDr View Post
Basically what you want are spectating options. 600 players I think you'll run into situations where there are many times players than spectators. Plus like I said, with 600 players you basically just created a mini continent.
No, something more along the size of the E3 demo play area.

Originally Posted by OutlawDr View Post
Wait.... Are you suggesting only having a single 600 player instance for the entire game? That would be a cluster if it is. How do you determine who gets in?
Yes and no. Four maps running on a 6 hour cycle. So at 12pm Map A runs, at 1:30pm Map B runs, at 3:00pm Map C runs, and at 4:30pm Map D runs. The cycle sarts back a Map A at 6pm. Only one map at a time.

Players would get in first come, first served. Outfits could reserve slots that would get filled in if they weren't filled by the Outfit.

Planetside isn't your standard FPS. It's rediculous to try to squeeze it into a tiny format like 7v7 or 12v12. Forgelight has longer legs than that and it wants to strut.

Originally Posted by super pretendo View Post
What's wrong with it is it just homogenizes the game into the grey blob of every other online shooter. We don't need that. The game should be kept as its niche vision. Niches make money. There is no MMOFPS besides planetside currently, and a lot of players want it. There are 100+ SUPER ESPORTS MOUNTAIN DEW(TM) COOL FROSTED SPIKE HAIR DUBSTEP420 shooters. So your attempt to veil your desire turn this into another copy-pasted gunshootin' game is betrayed by your goofy fucking business advice.
Wow dude, get a grip. Settle down Beavis. Tell me, how many other "copy-pasta shooters" feature 600 player battles? None? So there goes your argument right there. My "goofy business advice"? What does THAT mean? It's a FACT that Free-to-Play models require a constant flow of new players and the ability to retain players, and to entice players to spend. I'm not making this up. Don't try to critique me when you obviously don't know.

Additional game modes allow for greater appeal. Again, you don't have to participate. You act as if I've said "just scrap those 8x8k maps! Who needs 'em?!" Which of course, I haven't. So take a deep breath and try to be rational.

Last edited by The Degenatron; 2012-07-02 at 08:55 PM.