PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New Outfits Are Pointless
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Re: New Outfits Are Pointless

Originally Posted by Soyokaze View Post
For the few established groups that have posted, please read:
"(The only possible exception to this would be for established clans with pre-existing player bases that will be new to the PS series.)"

I fully welcome groups coming in from outside games. Hell, I look forward to the issue of individual skill becoming more important in PS2. Due to PS1's low ability ceiling, you never really saw any major outfits recruiting based on individual player skill. That'll be an interesting trend to watch.

That being said, I feel that a team of 10 guys really good twitch-play deathmatches are not going to walk into the game & run shit. Effectiveness in this game is going to require management of human resources, which means doing alot of social interaction without ever touching a mouse.

Also, I would NEVER suggest a mechanic preventing people from creating new outfits. That would be ridiculous. Enforcing a minimum player count, sure, but never an outright lock. As previously mentioned, Outfit/Clan politics alone make that ridiculous.

No, what I'm asking the community is not should people be allowed to make new Outfits, but weather or not their doing so is a good idea.

---

SKYeXile, 20 people is, I'm betting about as many as some of the smaller vet-fits still have active. I'd say that, if you're looking to expand, that's the point at which I'd say you have enough players to consider growing your own organization.
That being said, if you AREN'T looking to bring more folk under your wing, or your looking to be as effective as possible, I'd be looking around for an existing outfit that has a community & MO your group jells with. It's a simple matter that 320 coordinated guys are more effective than 20 & 300 guys. If you can't find a fit though, do your own thing until you run into people you naturally mesh with in-game.
With some of the point you touch on about larger outfits I'm not to convinced an influx of new players to PlanetSide 2 will want to take the time to coordinate or even bother with coordination instead opting to jump right into an existing fight to support the other players with the same uniforms on. I would imagine it will be fairly intuative to figure out who needs help and where to get into the fight. I know with over 30 years of gaming behind me I am really looking for ward to the beta to run PS2 through it's paces and find my own way around before commiting to an outfit or deciding on how I will play PS2. Also even though it looks to tremendoulsly awesome to fail...I always leave some doubt in my mind until I can try it for myself, been burned to many time$ in the past.

We will see, everything I ahve heard or seen about PS2 so far says it's an industry benchmark and gamechanger in my mind.