PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #924
AirFell
Private

Re: PS1 vets who played this weekend have a better chance of beta? I say yes.

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
Let's trash the fake videogame industry terms like "vets, community, players, ect." and call people what they are Customers/Patrons. Customers who support the PS1 brand are natually going to feel as though they are "owed" based on their support of building the PS1 brand and in actuallity are the only reason PS2 was developed. If no one played PS1 and it failed they would not be making PS2.

Now as a 10 year Battlefield player I can tell you the PS2 devs are light years ahead of engaging and "taking care of" their long time customers and brand supporters. After 10 years DICE/EA lied to, misled, and shoved their long time brand supporting customers away opting for a different customer and comprimized their brand to a rediculous "lower threshold" standard.

I hope PS2 maintains the brand balance from PS1 even though it looks like a step down in complexity for existing PS1 customers......then again the shear numbers in PS2 could offset things and keep PS2 complex but in a different way. PS1 vets you have my sympathy if PS2 lowers the threshold to much....but then again as a new player to PS2....it seems to be in my sweetspot to be playing this for years to come...pretty much exclusively..save GTA5 and a few other titles.

Vets I hope they continue to treat you well, it's great marketing for a F2P game when your cusotmers/players/vets/whatever are your biggest advocates.
Wow, sums up my thoughts/feelings on the Battlefield/Planetside things as well. Well said man.