PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Station Fee for Outfit Creation
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #468
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I wasn't aware that Vanguard also had the sub requirement for guilds. I knew already that DCUO did. What I don't know about them (cause I haven't tried to make a guild on either) is does the guild require that the leader be subbed to keep it open after it's been created?
I'm not sure about that, but I would assume the answer is no.

As for Vanguard, its free to play conversion hasn't been released yet, but they released the payment model to the public yesterday and this was in it. Given how this F2P conversion is happening right now, it's indicative of SOE's feelings on the matter of guild creation. I guess I had them all wrong, in my thinking that SOE put the community before the dollar sign.

No matter how one tries to spin it, less is always less. When it comes to charging to make a player associate that persists after log out, you're simply knee capping the player base of your own game, by giving people less of an incentive to make emotional ties to the game. Most people won't be willing to pay for one, many other people will be elitist jerks with theirs, because they paid for it, and at the end of the day a lot people will just stop logging in, because the game doesn't mean anything to them.

Oh well, not my game to ruin I suppose.