PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New Outfits Are Pointless
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Soyokaze
Corporal

Re: New Outfits Are Pointless

That's inaccurate. I can tell you, for one, that the A#1 thing that people who didn't make the cut for my outfit would complain about would be our level of discipline. It's simply not possible to accomplish that level of organization without separate com-channels and occasionally insisting that people maintain radio silence.

But, let me provide some objective data to support the claim that organization = efficiency.

Here we have a list of outfit point & member totals for some of the more influential Emeral outfits during PS1's high pop days.
Now, if we do a bit of math, we can determine the # of points per outfit member for each outfit.

Vanu Sovereignty
Xen of Onslaught = 1,143,101
Ghost of the Revolution = 760,153
Immortal Sovereigns = 710,086
Azure Twilight = 644,460
Forty Deuce = 538,274.
Prox12 = 391,233
Knights of Sovereignty = 318,644

New Conglomerate
NCSF = 1,148,003
Sturmgrenadier = 1,137,384
Renegades = 355,742

Terran Republic
ELH = 1,380,525
HIMX = 1,098,362
C22-k = 801,452
Enforcers = 741,591

Those #s indicate that population is not neccessarrily directly related to effectiveness. Some of the top population outfits aren't even on the map in outfit points.

What these calculated values represents is how efficient the outfit is, how well they exploit their human resources. The Renegades were the 3rd most populated NC outfit at the time, but compare them to the efficiency of Sturmgrenadier which has about the same population. Looking at that, which group would you prefer to be in?

I know for a fact WHY Sturmgrenadier was able to achieve that kind of efficiency, why I always considered them a threat. They were organized. They used their people effectively.

So, I'm not saying that there's no place for small outfits. You guys are right on that. I came on a bit too strong. I'm just saying that organization makes the individual soldier count for more and should be something the community promotes.

Soyokaze - dedicated Galaxy pilot, dedicated Xen of Onslaught member, & dedicated Vanu