PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Hoverboards for Vanu
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ratstomper
Major

Re: Hoverboards for Vanu

Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
Lol, PS2 is going to be the most customizable FPS ever which makes your outfit combination unique and different from everyone else, and your argument is that a quad and a hover board are not the same? Yes you really made a clever conclusion. Apart that, I never said its going to be ridiculous fast, maybe just a bit little bit faster on the long run vs a quad/buggy which has a max speed because of earths friction and because its a light vehicle that should belong only to a non hi-tech empire.

You maybe have a point about the category position. Still the hoverboard will be just an (unarmed) light vehicle ment to drive alone to get you quickly back in the battlezone with the high risk you get blown up by a locked rocket or it explodes by a few assault shots.
The issue is, aside from the fact that I think this would really ruin the pacing of the infantry game, that you've got a small hoverboard that can fit anywhere an infantryman can go, allows the person riding it to use their regular weapons, prevents fall damage and lets them move faster (if we're talking tribes-esque movement, that's pretty damn fast) than the other two empires (who have to hoof it) in areas where no vehicles will fit. It's not a vehicle at that point, it's practically just an extension of the infantry.

With squad spawning, I don't think it's going to be a big issue to get back into the fight. All you'd have are Vanu zipping around on hoverboards to zerg locations faster than anyone else could.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-07-05 at 02:31 PM.