PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Driver/Gunners... NO!
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Re: Driver/Gunners... NO!

Has nothing to do with PS1 nostalgia. I've only been playing PS1 for a week. And yes, I personally support making a niche game that caters to a smaller community and that is itself "better quality".

As for my stereotype... Stereotypes come about for a reason. Because 95% of the time they're true. It is the exceptions who prove the rule. And yes, assuming that most the population act like 12 year olds is a valid and understandable line of reasoning, because it's true.

Seriously, stop for five seconds and look at the world around and how whiney and instant-gratification oriented USA society is. Fuck the masses, they are their own worst problem.

Back OT... Wanting multiple crewmen, at least as an option, is not about "not being able to handle it", but about encouraging reliance on one another i.e. teamwork.

There ARE solo vehicles already, the smaller vehicles, the light tank, some of the aircraft (which don't really need multiple crew members since they pretty much fire straight ahead anyway, a second person would be more than a little redundant).

As for disliking the masses and then encouraging reliance on other people. Yes, that is somewhat of contradiction. However, I joined an organised group who are team oriented, therefore that is not such a problem for me. Zerglings or solo people, by their nature, will be less suited to this kind of "work together" sort of thing, although there are exceptions.

It's all preference, regarding the game. And if my way of doing things turns people off, well too bad. I personally would rather have something of good quality, than dumbed down so people coming from even more dumbed down shit can jump right in and feel at home.

As for my views on games being different from "the masses", you bet your ass. My views on morals, ethics, religion, politics, and a number of other things are also noticeably different from the majority. Generally, if something is "mainstream" it's fucked up in some way or other. Games are no different.