PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How far will PS2 stray in terms of gameplay from modern FPSs?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-13, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Re: How far will PS2 stray in terms of gameplay from modern FPSs?

Originally Posted by Ninjacalypse View Post
When I say Arcade Shooter I mean something more along the lines of (albeit crappy) F2P games like WarRock, Combat Arms, Gunz and similar console games in that vein.

Whereas games like BF2/2142/3 require more precision accuracy than games like say Halo for instance which while fun undeniably requires a lot less skill to play.
Actually, I was just thinking that most of the weapons shown at E3 were pretty accurate, both ADS and from the hip. That makes it a lot less "spray-and-pray" than some other situations. Though I think their goal is to make it so customizable that you can have your "BF2/2142/BF3" experience while someone else can have their "Combat Arms/Gunz" experience.

Though having played BF2/2142/BF3, Halo and Combat Arms, I'm still not sure what you mean. Would you say that hardcore mode in BF3 "requires a lot less skill to play"? Because I get the impression that you believe accuracy is the only skill that matters.