PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why use Galaxies (gal drop tactic)
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Why use Galaxies (gal drop tactic)

Honestly only stupid gal drops get slaughtered, dropping your squad into the middle of a fight with the base defenses on full alert what do you expect,

when we do gal drops we do them smart, you send in a scout/s first to make sure the area you want to drop is safe and have them prime an EMP or OS if necessary once the coast is clear or the enemy is looking the other way, you charge in the Gals drop off the troops who have a specific target in mind, Spawn room or Gen room are the usuals.
The Maxes breach the defenses as the heavy hitters supported by the infantry or sometimes the other way around if you need to keep the big brutes safe for smashing time.
sure sometimes bad luck will cause the drop to fail but those are usually exceptions

I for one can't wait to see the new style Gal drops in action, I have a feeling we'll see a lot more Blitzkrieg style attacks on bases due to the nature of the multi points needed for capture

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-07-17 at 11:36 AM.