PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Please remove Vehicle seat swapping.
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Re: Please remove Vehicle seat swapping.

Originally Posted by KTNApollo View Post
Anybody that wants seat hot-swapping has been brainwashed by games like BF3. Hot-swapping needs to be removed for the same reason enter/exit animations need to be added (or atleast a delay upon entering/exiting).

Scenario

I'm getting shot down in my Liberator with only one friend in it. He swaps to the tailgun in order to deal with the pesky Scythe on my tail. He takes it down. We need repairs. He swaps back to the bomber seat, eliminates some ground forces, allowing us to land. We land, hop out, and start repairing. Before we're done repairing a Magrider shows up and starts lobbing us with hits. We instantly hop inside (no enter animations, no delay) and take off into the air. My friend accidentally hopped into the tailgun, but no worries, he hot swaps into the bomer seat and destroys the Magrider.

What I have posed above is my main concern about no enter/exit animations and hot-swapping.
That is such an unrealistic scenario, and I would be my left nut that it will never happen. If the scythe pilot and the mag pilot both die in that scenario then they deserve to die horrible, violent deaths.

Although I do like how it's only Vanu dying!

As for the more recent post: why didn't you kill the guy before he got in the tank?