PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS2 requires level grind?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Vydofnir
Private

Re: PS2 requires level grind?

Originally Posted by SFJake View Post
Problem I have is that they said it would pretty much take 3 years to get everything.

Which to me, means unlocking things will take quite a lot of time... which means I'm scared boosters will pretty much be a necessity and will probably boost the speed you get things up -excessively-. Which is something I despise in F2P games. Annoying incentives for a FREE game which makes you spend more than a normal one.

And I doubt they would pass yet another opportunity for a way with CASH to respend your points. *sigh*
When they say it would take 3 years to unlock every cert, I think that they are referring more to the number of certs, rather than the length of time it takes to unlock a single cert. They have stated on multiple occasions that player progression is much more about versatility than power, so I doubt that there will bee too many certs that require an excessively long time to unlock.

The thing that I find most intriguing about PS2, is that SOE seems to have adopted the philosophy that more players equate to more content. If that is indeed their take on the F2P model, it would be in their best interest to make sure that all players are having as much fun as possible, even those that aren't paying for anything. Forcing players to grind seems to undermine this.