PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why K:D, Deaths, streaks and other stats are bad, and how PS2 can evolve the genre
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #513
Katanauk
Corporal

Misc Info
Re: Why K:D, Deaths, streaks and other stats are bad, and how PS2 can evolve the genr

I still fail to understand why stats in game is a bad thing? You can pretend they're not there, can you not? As for prominence, prominence of stats is entirely down to the individual.

Example, is someone who plays Planetside as a full on support guy (I know a few, they love it) gonna pay attention to their K/D? Nope. They'll look at their assists. Is someone that looks for shotgun 1v1s gonna look at their assists? Probably not, they'll go to kills with shotguns . . .

Basically . . . If a positive K/D ratio isn't important to you, you can play without it in mind.

Besides, someone mentioned self preservation, even without K/D, levels of self preservation will directly reflect the player, not whether the game has K/D or not. Some will "die for the empire" some will choose not to "die for the empire".

Oh, and slightly off topic . . . for the TL;DR mob: Don't reply to it then. Hate it when people have the audacity to argue against a post all the while saying "TL;DR".