PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside2 Dog fighting Question - for Community Day people and beyond
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Vertigo
Private

Re: Planetside2 Dog fighting Question - for Community Day people and beyond

Originally Posted by TheStigma View Post
I haven't seen anything like a targeting system so far - and nothing like that was ever in PS1 either. That said I can EASILY see something like that (or air-radar or similar) being one of the sidegrades or optional modules you can put in your flyer. Of course you might have to give up something else important to fit it in ... but that's all good

-Stigma
I figured as much. I only played planetside for maybe a year in the beginning. As I recall, the mosquito was the "scout" fighter that could spot enemy movements. A similar sensor package could certainly be a viable sidegrade to any air (or ground) vehicle that can support it. Somebody needs to fly the AWACS so the rest of us know who the heck we are shooting at. There is already a mark target button for infantry so they show up on the map (and you can see their name apparently). I'm mainly looking for something that will at least give me a direction indicator on my hud when flying. It's the old-school X-Wing pilot in me talking.