PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #249
Ratstomper
Major

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

Originally Posted by Harasus View Post
The important thing for SoE/Planetside 2 is that it gets people interested. A fancy trailer does the job, I suppose.
I agree. I think they could have done it better by properly representing the game, though. For instance, instead of having the whole trailer focused on an NC light assault show what his squad is doing as well. Currently, the only playstyle shown is that of the run/fly'n'gun LA. show some infiltrators. show some snipers covering him. Hell, show a MAX or two (arguably the coolest of all the classes). They could have done it like the opening cinematic for Warhammer online; a better spread of some of the different classes and playstyles in the game. Something to show it's team-based, not a faux single-player game.

That way when the people who come for the game get what they think they were getting, they keep playing: Instead of all the folks who realize they cant shoot a pilot out of his cockpit, or even get onto a galaxy for that matter, and quit. I think they're trying to draw in one one type of person and not all that they could be.