PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If not Artillery, Then What About Mortar Tanks?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-31, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
GLaDOS
Staff Sergeant

Re: If not Artillery, Then What About Mortar Tanks?

Originally Posted by Program View Post
That seems like a valid compromise, but I still would like the indirect gameplay of artillery. Something seems cool about adjusting your sights to lead a spotted tank, enter a distance/elevation, and then blow the nuggets out of a tank a half mile away.
So would I, honestly, but the devs have mentioned (I think) that they don't want really indirect gameplay like that. Also, you'll hopefully be able to do something like that with these, although maybe not quite the same range.

A mod for the sunderer could be great, but they'd also probably need to lower the health a bit.

Also, the AA gun (not MG) that I mentioned might be a little too much, as I could see these things being very weak to air. However, they will also probably turn slowly and have a minimum range, so anything with explosives that gets around them or too close should be able to tear them apart. I seem to be arguing with myself now, though, so I'll end here.