PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Malorn's Stats Thread Reborn
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
rTekku
Sergeant

Re: Malorn's Stats Thread Reborn

Originally Posted by bmfof View Post
Indulge me and extract that bit of it that answers my question.
People have already explained why....

As I said earlier in the topic, stats have completely ruined Battlefield 3 which is supposed to be a game that focuses more so on team play than anything else. The problem with individual stats being emphasized like THIS is that many are more likely to just focus on trying to improve those individual stats which can be detrimental to team play.

Depending on your playstyle, you may or may not be able to net a high K/D.

If i'm a player who enjoys running around keeping ally tanks repaired and taking out vehicles here and there when needed, I might not have a really good K/D, but i'm still helping the team in my own way. But what everyone else sees when they click on my page is that crappy K/D. They don't see that i've repaired this many vehicles or that i've assisted my team in capturing X amount of flags. They automatically assume i'm a bad player because I have a low K/D ratio. I might end up changing my entire play style just so I don't look like a bad player because of that. Instead of running out to help friendly tanks who are engaged in a battle, I might hesitate because I don't want to risk dying a lot.

Stats are the reason Operation Metro is the most played map in the game despite being a piece of shit. It's nothing but legal stat padding.