PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vehicle - Aircraft: the Hammerhead
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Xenostalker
Corporal

Re: Vehicle - Aircraft: the Hammerhead

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
I actually like this. It's not like it's beyond SOE to grant experience to the supplier for every person that makes use of the deployable. Sure, it will overlap with other roles, but the deployables would be temporary, yet superior to what an engineer can drop down. Having an engineer handy would just be immediate and regenerative(?,) as opposed to calling in a supply craft that might get shot down if the airspace is too hot and if not, it would have to return to a depot to grab another drop.

One final suggestion: 5 man cargo hold option for a light and quick aerial transport?
One final suggestion: 5 man cargo hold option for a light and quick aerial transport?
Perhaps a variant that gets rid of the supply drop mechanism and instead turns the Hammerhead into a light transport aircraft?

Though I would limit it to maybe... three or four passengers and it wouldn't be a very tough vehicle (no weapon either?). There needs to be reason for having a single Galaxy (for example) instead of three or four hammerheads (Galaxy is tougher, more precise/coordinated drops, but is slower and a bigger target than a hammerhead).

On the same token, a Galaxy acts as a deployed respawn location. A Hammerhead transport variant would simply serve for passenger relocation (award experience for dropping them off, then perhaps bonus exp' if they score kills?).

--

On second thought, though. Having a supply drop + passenger cargo would have great synergy. Drop a supply cache where you load your troops off, etc.

Definitely helps reinforce the idea of moving troops around quickly instead of "okay, the Galaxy is landed; have fun."