PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Benchmarking Thread (Heaven & 3DMark11)
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-05, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: The Benchmarking Thread (Heaven & 3DMark11)

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
My 7950 doesnt go over 64°C at 1000mhz right now. Its a Powercolor 7950 pcs+ which has a pretty good cooling system. Its not the chip alone, its also the cooling setup + the ASIC quality that determines your voltage. I run my 1000mhz with 0,987V which seems to be pretty low (I got 82% ASIC quality).
€dit: Had to increase the voltage to 1,02V to get it stable with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Btw: Why do you OC your CPU to nearly 5Ghz? I got mine @4,2Ghz and I havent seen a game yet where the CPU is the bottleneck. 5Ghz just wastes more energy
Stock clocks mine is fine. However once I start putting in the addtional voltage the temps go through the roof.

5GHz is just to say I reached 5GHz. Like when I had my E8400 and I was trying to do it and I only got to at most 3.8GHz I think. Come the next stepping those were doing 4GHz+ with ease.

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I hate my stock cooler on my 670 =(
I've seen decent clocks on the stock coolers. What was the most you pushed yours with. I was going to go with the 670 PE w/ Twin Frozr, but I opted for the 7950 instead.