PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: New TotalBiscuit Video on IMPLANTS
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Re: New TotalBiscuit Video on IMPLANTS

Originally Posted by Tuoweit View Post
The vehicle timer ones seemed relatively cheap (25 each, 50 for the combos), while the advanced infantry ones are the expensive ones (200 for the level 3 stuff). If you want to play as a dedicated infantry guy, you aren't going to be spending a lot of your resources on vehicles, so this does give you something to spend them on to improve that particular playstyle. Very nice!

As to being weak, sure they're not Personal Shield or Second Wind, but in a fast-paced shooter that split second faster reload time or weapon swapping can make a difference.
Basically, in terms of their weakness, I think in this present FPS environment, we are (and other players will also be) expecting Perks. However, in this game, they're perks you need to buy. Perks generally change the magnitude of the effect by a very noticeable (but not game-breaking) amount. They'll be tweaked in beta, I think, even if the Level 3 needs to be made more expensive, etc.

~Zachariah