PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SOE Cash Idea: Nickname your guns
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Wandering Mania
Private

Re: SOE Cash Idea: Nickname your guns

Originally Posted by Pvt Badger View Post
In TF2, when you got killed there would be a screen shot of your killer with a small window of the weapon he used to kill you. I have a sniper rifle called the "Machina" but named it "The Long Range Face Stab" with a simple Nametag. When I would kill someone the name I gave it would show up as well as a picture of the gun and its effects.
Then maybe it could be like TF2 but still yeah kind of like that.

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
I'd say that the first individual character to get 1,000,000 kills with a certain weapon configuration should have that configuration named after them. Allow players to purchase the customized weapon directly, and use it as-is regardless of their certs, but without any ability to modify the weapon further.

Or, yeah... just pay to name it works too....
Well it would not be renameing a gun it would just be giveing it a nickname. Like a gauss carbine would still be named as such but would have a player made nickname as "killjoy" or the like.
In Full Metal Jacket there rifles true names are still what type of guns thay are but thay had the nicknames the marines in the movie gave them.

Also if you did that that would mean locking out certs that could tye in with other things on your own faction and would be a bad idea.

So for inctance if some guy was lucky enuff to get 1,000,000 kills with an unmoded, uncerted twords gun then renamed it after himself and some person bought it. Then that person has some certs locked out that no matter how long he played he could never aquire every cert in the game as Higby has said is possable with enuff time, skill or both.

My idea was just to have a gun, land or air vehicle nicknamed to show the people that you have killed with it that it is the wepon that you are best with.

Last edited by Wandering Mania; 2012-08-14 at 03:16 PM.