PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Naval Warfare and Potential "Continent"
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Wandering Mania
Private

Re: Naval Warfare and Potential "Continent"

Originally Posted by Anabuki View Post
Another issue that's been raised is "Why don't you just fly a buncha dudes over in a Galaxy?" There's already been numerous reasons proposed why having a naval presence is beneficial for ground troops when trying to gain a foothold of hostile territory (eg. a carrier could essentially become a mobile base off the coast of enemy territory, sending in wave after wave of vehicles and infantry). Also, a 'fix' for the issue of Galaxies rendering naval units obsolete has been posted in the other thread.
Also as stated in this thred is that evean if people did hot drop on an offshore platform the galaxy would have to land some where but where? And if some people droped in the water and drowned, where would thay spawn if the galaxy died?

My point is that these off shore platforms are the perfact soulition to the nessity of empire navys. Because galaxys may be a great thing in therory to use on land. But over water with a million diffrent things to go wrong with a "hot drop" a close by navy fleet would be the soultion.

The offshore platforms could also be verry valuble places to hold as thay could possably have higher resource gain rates than normal land resource nodes. Or have compleatly diffrent/new ones that I have heard spoken about.