PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: SOE announces Alpha Squad
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-11, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: SOE announces Alpha Squad

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
So you know, there is only one camo pattern? the one on the tank is the same one on the character. So the character looks like a 3rd grader did it but the take looks pro? i'm not really sure how that is possible.

As to the progression in Planetside2 the characters dont rank up that way mainly because we wanted the players to have a choice in what he or she looked like at every step of the way.

Sorry. What I meant was that I would have preferred something akin to the far right suit rather than the camo, when I gave the PS1 suits as an example. It's more "bad ass" than the flamboyant camo . Nice to know that the PS1 uniforms will be in PS2 - lots of cool artwork in them!

As other folks have pointed out, it's the scale of the camo that is the issue. On the tanks, they are big swaths of colour, but on the people, they are tiny splotches of colour. The end result is that the tanks look classy and the people look like they are wearing themed pjs.

Size always matters.

Last edited by Tatwi; 2012-09-11 at 04:40 PM. Reason: I hope that's enough emoticons to appease people...