PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Will Planetside 2 be playable with a gamepad / xbox 360 controller?
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-11, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
MacHarborGuy
Private

Re: Will Planetside 2 be playable with a gamepad / xbox 360 controller?

Also, i dont get the whole "I hope this game doesnt support gamepads" point of view. If game pads do gimp a player in the on-ground, infantry method of play as many have suggested already, wouldnt that mean that the gamepad players would be XP fodder for mouse and keyboard players? Honestly, i see nothing wrong with WANTING more lambs for the slaughter.

However, I do side with the idea that for non-Infantry combat (tanks, turrets, aircraft), gamepads would be a great help, much like how flight sticks could be a big help as well. I have even read that Razer is making a special controller specifically for MechWarrior Online.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/05/r...warrior-onlin/

I guess I am just one of those people in the middle of the two sides. Mouse & Keyboard for the on-foot FPS gameplay, and gamepad for vehicles and stationary turrets. This is the reason I play games like Need for Speed World, or the driving sections of Saints Row The Third, on my PC with a gamepad. It just feels better to control that way.

If M+K players have an advantage over gamepad players with on-ground combat, I have a feeling that gamepad players would have an advantage over M+K players with vehicles/turrets.

Last edited by MacHarborGuy; 2012-09-11 at 08:38 PM.