PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Spawn room camping
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Spawn room camping

Originally Posted by LexDecon View Post
Been on the receiving end, and I've honestly tried it once. Didn't enjoy doing it or receiving it so I don't do it and I make sure my outfit doesnt either.

Another big issue with spawn camping, is pulling prowlers up as close to a spawn room and spamming the entrance with the main gun because the AOE Splash damage goes through the shield door.

I've seen more bases locked down by a couple prowlers doing this. Its annoying. And of course people scream "Its a valid tactic" Its still annoying and actually detracts from game play.

If I wanted to play "Spamagedon" every day I'd invest in SPAM.

My big wonder is Pain fields are coming, but what or how are they going to effect this issue? And in many peoples minds. It is an issue.

All factions are guilty as sin over this, they need to make sure explosions don't go through walls or shields.

lol remember the first version of the Flail artillery from PS1 that could spam shots through walls of towers and bases, now that was crazy annoying

As for the painfields it's simple, when the base flips over from your side to the enemies then the painfields in the spawn room activate against you. You take damage over time if you wait around in that area.
From what they said only bases that have no return way back into spawn rooms will have painfields like Towers or base Satalite spawn rooms

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-10-01 at 09:11 AM.