PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Spitfires
Thread: Spitfires
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Spitfires

What it comes down to is that you want players to do menial tasks. I agree that proper sensors could (the likes of which we haven't seen in terms of alerting: so far those only alerted locally in PS1 (Motion Sensors) and usualy FAILED to do so). The problem with Motion Sensors is PS1 was that you could just ignore them as an Infil. Place them somewhere? Sensor Shield.

Place them in the way (middle of door), just open the door and keep pushing it in the ground till you can jump over it. Slows you down a bit, doesn't actually warn you. Only when used in Interlink and when you accidentally took damage did they trigger.

You can't ignore a mine however, you HAVE to take it out. Of course, most mines in PS1 were placed poorly at doors, allowing you to take them out without even using a bullet or EMP grenade using just the proximity detection. However, that still made an explosion (clear sound) and that still told someone one of his mines was missing.

That sort of warning is not present in PS2.

Originally Posted by theknits View Post
They should remove the resource cost on CE as it is a class based ability. If everyone could deploy CE then the cost makes sense but clearly allowing everyone to place CE just leads to a whole mess of CE.
Disagree. Related issue: Considering everyone can use grenades and I don't see people use grenades because they're costly, you only get one and the one you get is usualy a wasted throw, not really clear no.

Some more grenades wouldn't hurt, especially support grenades (smokes are too few and free EMP grenades are dearly missing in the squad of infantry vs solo-mbt-tank division fights).

I highly disagree as well that turrets take the place of players. I don't know what you think is the ideal amount of mines, but I'd say around 20 per player and remaining is a must. A minefield takes some dedication to place and in your system of removal and no mines, NO MINEFIELD AKIN TO PS1 CAN EVER EXIST, unless a full platoon decides to go full engineer and place mines in the same area. After which ONE SUNDERER OR VANGUARD EMP BLAST takes them all out.

You know what a waste to the empire that is to have 30 people run in engineering suits just to try and take out one or two tanks while they could have been wearing HA?

20 mines per player and should remain in place. Should require certification of course. Mind, I don't think everyone should have access to everything, it's a stupid class system they've implemented and I'll keep fighting to have it changed to be more flexible, yet the total tools more limited, regardless of how long it takes.