PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I think the biggest problem I have with Planetside 2 is map design.
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Whiteagle
Major

Re: I think the biggest problem I have with Planetside 2 is map design.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Do others feel this is the case also? Looking for concise description of the problems, not a laundry list of solutions.

From the OP's post I would gather...

1) Not enough massive fights
2) Too much time doing "clean up" work of territories
3) Population is too spread out

Any other captures of the problems?
I personally wouldn't say numbers one or two are a problem...

...But then again I'm the type of person who seems to prefer going around doing "clean up" work over "massive fights."

Three isn't so much of an issue of population density as it is a lack of direction, with very few tools available right now to control the flow of the masses.

Originally Posted by cellinaire View Post
Yeah, as Tatwi mentioned earlier, no need to make Indar exactly like 'other' conts(I mean, about the planned redesign of Indar). No need for Indar to have exactly same number of bases and outposts as Amerish, Esamir, etc...

And I saw Smedley's interview on RPS last night and thought, I'd be cool for various continents to have varying gameplay style/ battle flow.
Indeed, I much prefer Indar's layout myself, but I wouldn't mind seeing how Esamir balances with two Factions competing for access to the third North-Western Warpgate...

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
I think it would be harder to camp a warpgate once we are able to drive vehicles to the next continent. Imagine trying to camp a warpgate when an armor column come through. they could also make the warp gates go to certain continents like in ps1 before broadcast warp gates were around to help direct the fight on a global scale.
I don't know man... that really doesn't stop people from camping the current footholds, they'd just have AT-Liberators and Tanks waiting all the same...