PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Remove camping spawn buildings from meta game
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Remove camping spawn buildings from meta game

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
It doesn't matter where they move the spawn area to, there will always be a point where the attackers can spawn camp. SCU, as FatherJack pointed out, only served to end a battle before it began. I don't think that any conventional wisdom will solve these issues, because if that were the case they would already be resolved.

Teleporting defenders out of the spawn room to one of several locations might help. Drop pods instead of spawn rooms might help. Large underground facilities with many spawn points might help.

But the best solution is already in the game:

Spawn somewhere else and come back with a bigger offensive than what the enemy has taking the point.
Or just create a multilevel spawnroom where there's a number of corridors between the spawnroom and exit, potentially an underground spawnroom with tunnels to various buildings with spawn control unit and control console within the same building so those guys camping actually have to get out of their tanks and fight their way in and hold positions within reach of the defenders, while the defenders can eventually use high ground to fight the tanks instead of relying on two exits that are both camped...

Where have I seen that before?