PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is Planetside 2 being released too soon?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Re: Is Planetside 2 being released too soon?

Originally Posted by Tamas View Post
Sounds to me like the investors said the final word... I doubt the Devs are happy with the release date, but it's not their call.

Having said that, I really hope they don't screw up. Things like changing mechanics post launch can have dire consequences (SW Galaxies example). If we see that current system is not working out (for example resource system and territory hold are no where near where it should be) they will be forced to change things for better or worse.

Many of the game devs/publishers get away saying they will add stuff later. For some games it works out, for others it's a death sentence. I hope it's not the latter one as I'm looking for a game that PS2 should/could have been and there is nothing else on the horizon. It's not all that bad, but a bit disappointing in terms of mechanics and features.

Food for thought - it's F2P, so if me or other people think it still needs more work on, we can actually play next year March-July when we feel the game is where it should be, of course I would guess most of us will play it and simply "bitch" on the forums - experience shows this is the most likely scenario.

On a side note -
Feels similar to MWO - yeah bought Legendary founder, tested Beta - yeah an "ok" mech shooter, but it's just the biscuit with nothing else - where's the cream, frosting - just everything else - kinda tasteless...
I agree. I'll pump money into cosmetic and hope it helps them stay afloat long enough to fix this