PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby Sheds Light on SL/Command Chat and Instant Action
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Higby Sheds Light on SL/Command Chat and Instant Action

Originally Posted by Fear The Amish View Post
Ok correct me if i am wrong (havent played PS1 in about 7 years) but the PS1 system had nothing to do with numbers there but how close it is to capping. Were as this system tells how many are there so its actually useful in find a fight. because nothing is more annoying then seeing a base is about to fall and leading a whole platoon there to find only 1 LA.
not sure when it was implemented, so you might not know the ps1 system. whenever there is fighting at a base, an alert is shown of the map. this alert is colorcoded due to the numbers of enemies involved. yellow alert for up to a squad, orange for up to 2 squads and red for multipple squads (not sure if numbers are accurate, but something like that)

worked fine and you always knew where to go. if you wanted to hit the meatgrinder, go to red alerts, if you wanted to retake a base from a smaller force go to yellow alerts.
in addition there were the indicators on bases showing hack state and damage on vital systems.

ps1 had flaws, but this system wasn´t one of them! all vital info was available within seconds. alerts on the map, baseinfo on map mouseovers.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!