PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Let's Focus on Real Issues
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Let's Focus on Real Issues

Originally Posted by artifice View Post
I am tired of seeing the constant whining. Planetside 2 is not Planetside 1, deal with it already.
@artifice: While you may feel that you stand on the other spectrum of the debate and defend the "right cause", I believe you may have missed the intent/meaning of Hamma's post.

@everyone: IMO, Hamma has made a wonderful post about being constructive on a forum. If you read it closely, he said many things in his OP in a very tactful way.

In essence, there are very simple rules that help everyone:
- if it's not constructive, do not post it.
- if it spreads negativity, do not post it.
- if it does not add value, do not post it.
- if it is already being discussed, do not start a new thread.
- if the thread is not helpful, avoid it and let it die.
- etc...

Of course, we all do our share of mistakes and Hamma's post was very understanding of that. PSU is not about to go TR totalitarian, he is kindly asking to help us keep the forums relevant for both devs and users.

He never said to stop voicing opinions or constructive criticism but to maintain a decent quality of feedback; if some do not understand his concerns or respect his efforts to keep offering a great spot on the internet to share about Planetside, maybe PSU is not their kind of community.

Quality is a community effort and PSU has great members. Let's keep this place a place where we want to stay, participate and enjoy sharing ideas.

Cheers everyone !

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-11-03 at 08:10 AM.