PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A10-5800K APU, Anybody Tried it yet?
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-23, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Re: Update

Originally Posted by MrSmegz View Post
Lemme get this strait. So you are playing Planetside 2, Through Wine in Linux
check

on an A10-5800K
check

running Hybrid Cross fire with a Video card
nope only a10's intergrated graphics but i have a feeling that it just barely managing it. on first time when you drop pod (at least that's what i guess it happens) it freezes. later it's fine. however everytime i get into main menu i see weird flashes across the screen, also in game there are some lighting issues (i really don't know if this i s a gpu thing or a game issue - one minute you seem to be in the shadow, you make few steps and it seems that you are in light). however the game seems to run well. and yeah when you logout from game (battle) to main screen everything seems to be fine there (no weird flashes that occur when you launch the game initially).

and its playable?
yep, i went to biolab on Esamir where there was some fighting and played for awhile with no aparent issues (except that weird lighting I was talking about). and yeah there is mouse problem but it's a wine thing and it's fixable (at least others wine users claim that if you play in windowed mode).

Wow thats kind of impressive, but a few questions:
1) What Video card is it paired with 6570 or 6670?
2) Resolution you are playing at?
3) In game Quality settings?
1 none
2) 1280 x1024
3) lowest

I plan however on buying a proper discrete gpu and everyone I have asked so far advised against going the xfire way with 6670. i was advised it's better to buy 7750 instead. i'm interested myself how would it work on hxfire with 6670, and don't have the money to allow myself to experiment like that.

edit: playing in windowed mode with emulated desktop solves all of the problems mentioned above (mouse stutter and weird flashes too)... so i guess it was problem with wine and not with gpu again.

Last edited by Immigrant; 2012-11-23 at 05:02 AM.