PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby on Air/AA balance.. Is it the fast track to Airside?
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-29, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Re: Higby on Air/AA balance.. Is it the fast track to Airside?

My problem, and this is for vehicles in general, is that the ratio of players feels off. SO to take out an MBT tank its roughly a 3:1 ratio - with heavies, unless the tank driver is an idiot then its still a 2:1 minimum. Air is worse, AA maxes you still need a 3:1 ratio.

So if 1:1 doesnt work (vehicles should be stronger I agree) the problem then is that its too easy to roll in tanks all day. So if you have a squad of say 6, you are far more effective to have 6 tanks (cause now its going to take at least 12 infantry to deal with all of you) or 6 fighters/libs.

I still think the best answer to this is:
increase cool down timer on vehicles or increase resources. In fact you can fix some of the meta game issues by making the cool down timer longer or make vehicles more expensive the further away from the warp gate. You can minimize this by capturing tech plants. This makes tech plants even more worthwhile, and it gives low pop defenders a better chance to hold off full caps.

Also, they need to make the prowlers a bit more effective. They increased the number of rounds, which is nice, but if a prowler has 2 people in it, it should be able to handle a fighter and even put a great deal of fear into a lib. Make the secondary gunner spot cert into lock on rockets. These take a while to reload, but can make a fighter at least have to start using more of their counters and run instead of just turning and blowing up the prowler. Its not a deterrent if the fighter can stick around.