PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Friendly Fire ruins this game.
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
CrankyTRex
Staff Sergeant

Re: Friendly Fire ruins this game.

Yeah, my patience for FF is definitely coming to an end. If it's supposed to force people to have some awareness of what's going on, well, it's failing miserably. There's just too much to keep track of and most people simply cannot be bothered.

It is not helped at all by the designs of the bases, where everyone is confined to tight spawn rooms that can only fit one person going through the door. Nevermind all the other situations where you spot someone running over open ground, move to shoot them, and have somebody run right into your line of fire as they try to get the kill themselves. It makes the Engineer turrets almost completely worthless too because every idiot in the game seems to think the best place to stand is right in front of them.

And as far as stopping someone from tossing grenades randomly? Yeah it doesn't do that either. Moreover, I find the grenades *never* go where I'm aiming to throw them either because they hit something invisible or bug out and fall inside some piece of terrain or some such.

In the air it is an absolute nightmare, especially near spawns since those are also the repair/rearm locations. It's absolutely infuriating to spawn an aircraft, get rammed by a friendly such that it crashes into a tower before the aircraft is even under your control, and then have to sit there and wait for the timer to reset. To say nothing of when everyone chooses to engage the same target when the aircraft is at least under your control.

In a game where hundreds of people are confined to tight spaces always running around, with frame rates that can drop suddenly as a bunch of players show up, it simply is not a practical feature.