PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Metagame - slowing the zerg
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-13, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Re: Metagame - slowing the zerg

I think many of you are failing to understand the issue I am trying to address - its not motivation its the fact that you are spread out over many bases to defend and out numbered. It doesnt matter how motivated a player is, right now if you are out numbered you will lose.

Some of the issues some of you hit upon:
1- kill the sunderer you stop the spawn flow. Great, but for some bases this isnt really possible. Multiple sunderers also make this not the only solution. For small advances this works great - but against the zerg with multiple sunderers and fighting through the front lines to get to the sunderers it isnt going to work. Otherwise, it would be extremely difficult for attackers which isnt the case.
2- base design. Ok, and they are doing that, but I doubt we are going to see spawn rooms and shields etc. enough of a change to give the defense a chance to hold. This is really the only thing people brought up that makes any sense to stopping a zerg. My suggestion is really what can we do without just scrapping bases and starting over.
3- more continents. I dont see what this has to deal with anything. Any continent no matter how small the populations are, the concept will be the same, larger forces will win most of the time.

Again, its about giving the defense more spawns to artificially match the opposing force.