PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Running Jerky
Thread: Running Jerky
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ColdBackHAND
Private

Re: Running Jerky

Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
Video card: Radeon HD 7750 or NVidia 550Ti or better. These'll allow you to run it at medium settings.

For the RAM:
If you know for a fact that your RAM is in the configuration I described (2x3 and 2x2 GB), all you have to do is buy matching pairs for one or the other (i.e. buy a matching pair of either 2 or 3 GB sticks), then replace them. Memory controllers will generally operate in dual-channel mode when both channels have identical memory chips installed (this means size as well as speed and latency). Remember that one channel works across two sticks, so two pairs of RAM banks = 2 channels.

If you're not sure if that's the actual issue, you can test to see if what is actually going on before you decide to spend money. Download the SiSoftware Sandra benchmark, and run the system memory test. It will display your results, and you can also call up an average of the performance other users with different kinds of hardware get, and see how your numbers compare to the same processor.

This is fine, 2x3G (bank1) and 2x2G (bank2) configuration. It's still utilizing dual channel for each bank

No need to make the person spend money unnecessarily.