PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #183
Ralmevik
Private

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

I've rolled with little outfits, and big ones, and now play with one of the biggest ones I am aware of.

One and all, the the same failings exist, and the same successes. While size certainly matters, structure and community matter more.

One of the large outfits I played with in BETA and at launch was a mess, it was pure grabass because the leadership was more interested in being the "General" than actually leading.

The key for smaller outfits is building alliances with other small outfits and maintaining a common operational picture. Therein lies the problem, real communication and cooperation is rare in PS. Seems like a common issue when you have a system that allows anyone to lead, even the loudest kid on the bus who can muster enough social capital to lead people.. into failure.

The reason I have stuck with a big outfit up to now, is that the leadership is active, communicative, and there are standards of conduct. The fact that they offer to conduct basic training for new recruits (and bother recruiting via applications at all) makes them a cut above the rest.

I say your experience is what you make of it, and if you're not happy being in a small outfit, then be the leader you think you deserve and grow an outfit into something larger and well-run.