PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #185
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I know what the ps1 vets are trying to do in this new game and I understand some of the tactics that they are trying to use in this new environment. Hack and hold is no longer a viable endeavor. Hack and run does work but you wont get into very many fights. Look the Devil Dogs have a division that works almost exclusively behind enemy lines without any support at all. Our shadow squads are very effective at small scale warfare.

As a group we have to look for new ways to do things. If something isnt working for you then try something different. Consider yourself and your outfit in an honest way. What I do is find someone who is doing really well and is in a similar situation and then I try to learn from them. I have given all of you small outfit guys a great lead with Sujieun and you should make something of it. Good luck on the field.
The Devil Dogs have a division that's the equivalent of a small outfit, and you do not see how that may possibly lead you to not understand the small outfit problems?

Small outfits do not have Divisions, nor "extra people" to fill holes in that "division", they have the members in the outfit. Those members also want viable game play that's meaningful. Like what was available in PS1.

Blame the player is not a solution. You have not added anything to this thread but Hubris in the form of concern for the little people, and telling people they are bad at the game. None of witch is in any way shape or form constructive.

Here, I shall offer a solution, at-least to one point. Allow Outfit alliances and a structure system ( tools ) for that alliance system to create a hierarchy and allow outfits to fill specialized rolls with in that hierarchy. This tool system needs to be IN GAME and not cryptic. As illustrated by Vets near 10 years ago, even if it was based on PS1's smaller scale.

This creates a situation where in small outfits can fit into a larger structure and by virtue of combined arms, create viable game play, and not loose the individual brand the outfit provides.

We did this in PS1, as part of the Ultra alliance, but having done that, I can tell you doing this out of game is frustrating, and time consuming.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2012-12-21 at 11:11 AM.