PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-25, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

I was on Esamir yesterday trying to find a small fight, in the area around Old Shore Checkpoint and Everett Supply.

I saw a hotspot so I spawned in, noticed 2/6 enemies on the point. Great, I thought, a small skirmish.

Stepped out the spawn door and got my face melted by a Dalton I couldn't see far above my head.

Spawn buildings being separate from the rest of the facility or buildings is a pain. Attach them to a larger building, closer to the capture point.

Vehicles should have meaningful effect on capturing bases, not the ability to completely shut down defenders from mounting a defense.

Enemy vehicles excel at keeping your own vehicles away, killing those AMSes, stopping Galaxy drops or Sunderer insertions, and keeping friendly tanks away from the point. They don't need to be able to access the spawn area at all.

I think someone mentioned that earlier in the thread - put the spawn area inside one of the bigger buildings to prevent vehicle spawn camping.

A pretty good example of this is Chimney Rock on Amerish (which is one of my favorite outposts in the game). The large spawn building and several exits allows defenders to find an open spot and fire some flak or a lock-on missile to scare away enemy vehicles or damage them, then retreat back into the building. The walls and elevation of the building itself prevents vehicles from camping every exit, and the roof access helps for AA. Still not perfect, but definitely an improvement over the spawn sheds in many of the other outposts.

Last edited by robocpf1; 2012-12-25 at 07:28 AM.