PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Game Feedback: Its Boring. :/
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-12, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Game Feedback: Its Boring. :/

Originally Posted by Synnoc View Post
I don't think longer hack timers will help much, for two reasons: One, I believe that enough of the zerg is more focused on K/D than XP, so they won't wait around; and two, territory is basically indefensible now, so the extra time won't help you set up defenses that you don't have.
You have a point about defensibility.

But about the hack timers. Sure some people will immediately move on looking for the next kill, that's fine because there';s isn't supposed to be 1 proper playstyle.

But, many people will also stay to defend and an outfit will assign people to defferent defensive postions.

If no one defends the hack then there is a greater scope for a spec ops counter-attack, two gals drop a resecure force and take back the base. So there is incentive to stay and make sure of the hack.

But we just have to see what will happen by looking back at PS1. When the hack went on the 'winners' talked to their friends, talked on leader chat, looked at the overall strategic situation, took a bio break, refilled their glasses, made plans, assigned someone to return to the warpgate to bring a galaxy for a fast pick-up and go and finallt but not least - we celebrated our victory with a CONGA!!!!!!!

The conga has been nerfed

@basti I think "we're bored because there is nothing to do" is a simple and devastating criticism of the current game and totally correct.

I also agree that sanctuaries are essential. I was willing to suspend judgement earlier but I think the game state is prove enough, they are really really needed. Sorry Mat, I know you have set your face against them, but please thing again.

I find it discouraging when you think we need 6 continents. You are probably right (and as we know from ps1 even more continents will be even better) but that means we won't see the game properly working for maybe a year.

Will I have patience for that? Although I am playing almost every day in each session I find it hard to stay interested for more than 30 minutes, which is a complete difference to the same point in PS1.

Last edited by ringring; 2013-01-12 at 05:02 AM.