PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Game Who Cried "NERF!"
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DovahTerran
Corporal

Red face The Game Who Cried "NERF!"

Sooooo... I just want to make a small little statement. Not intending a flame war, but an objective look at where our perspective as PSU is currently aimed.

Aren't we all going a bit overkill about what needs fixing?

I'm not defending SOE here - I oppose some of their views, and others I get along with - but I AM saying this: Perhaps SOE might know what they're doing, if they're continued to make and sell games the world over for a sizeable period of time like they have. You can't get as big as they do without doing SOMETHING right.

I want the game to be as good as it can be, too. But at the same time..

-Guns feel like they have plenty of variety. It's subtle, but it's there.

-You can counter anything with either the same thing (armor v. armor, etc) or it's equal unit (armor v. air, air v. infantry rockets, armor v. infantry rockets, and vice versa), or something completely different (armor v. tree )

-The performance is mostly bearable. I'm playing on a 6 year old machine that can manage a decent amount of combat. It just takes some work and selective fighting.

-I hardly see ANY problems regarding hackers, ETC on Connery. And if they do come around I literally spam them and give them hell until I never see them in-game again. (Not to mention judicious use of the /orders command to tell my whole empire, which works pretty well ). I don't tolerate it and neither does SOE but when you have so many people playing worldwide that IS a lot of work.

I'd say that's pretty much it. I love the game the way it is. A few minor tweaks (mostly regarding performance and UI) and I couldn't be a happier person.

Enjoy

Grinny