PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: ZOMBIES
Thread: Gameplay: ZOMBIES
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rothnang
Major

Re: ZOMBIES

I personally like the idea of dangerous creatures or some kind of NPC controlled force that you need to fight off coming in every once in a while. Not for a whole month of course, but more in the context of weather. Just random natural events that have drastic effects on the battlefield, because that would keep the game interesting.

Instead of just going with stuff like rain they could have something like "swarms of killer rogue nanites" or "army of genocidal robots", "Random giant monster that got woken up" etc.

Like for example, what if underneath the desert of Indar there lived a giant sandworm type creature that just randomly comes up and starts swallowing tanks, and then to get rid of it you have to toss grenades in its mouth or something.

Maybe some days you get a migration of giant Pterodactyl type creatures that attack aircraft.

I personally wouldn't mind some things that remind you that you're on an alien planet. I mean, they don't have to be super on the nose about it, but this kind of stuff can be really exciting.

Then again, I'm one of those people that loved the first FarCry precisely because it went back and forth between having you fight soldiers in a military simulation and having you fight bullet dumpster monsters in an oldschool shooter type setting.