PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Air vs. Ground Balance. You can't make it fair by making nobody happy.
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-31, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Rothnang
Major

Re: Air vs. Ground Balance. You can't make it fair by making nobody happy.

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
What is more localized that 10 guys on top of a tower? Dude, this is your example.
They can hit every aircraft in a 3 hex radius, that isn't localized, that covers the entire battle area and then some.

Originally Posted by belch View Post
I have intentionally refrained from making comparisons with real life examples. But I am compelled to ask, are you implying that future tech crew served weapon systems should be less lethal and more fragile than current modern counterparts? Or would you feel like it's a good idea to take on an AC-130 with a handheld weapon all on your lonesome?
What you really ought to be asking yourself if being on an AC130 makes for compelling gameplay, either for the people on it, or the people getting hit by it. Everything else is honestly irrelevant.

Also, if you're going to pose the question like that, let me ask you this: Do you think 1 guy with a rocket launcher poses 0 threat to an AC130, but 10 guys with a rocket launcher will kill it every single time?