PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby on Tank Balance
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 02:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #145
ffffff
Private

Re: Higby on Tank Balance

Originally Posted by Fear The Amish View Post

2.) Front mounted gun: while yes this is a plus giving the most heavily armor place frontal positioning but let me ask you something have you actually LOOKED at a mag... the sides actually are still in the front because of that crescent shape learn how to kill them and shoot on the side. also this front mounted gun means stuff that Vannies/Prowlers use as cover we are stuck shooting it
Locational damage is an orientation comparison, not a hitbox check. For the purposes of locational bonuses, if you're facing the opponent you're only going to take frontal damage from him, no matter where he hits you.

To contribute to the argument:
There's always going to be a lot of denial about just how big the utility & reliability that hovering provides is. It's unfortunately huge, to the point that if MBTs were about equally potent, the Magrider would seem anemically armed (or it's opponents way over-gunned) - which makes a diplomatic solution to nerfs/buffs kind of hard. This is the real problem with asymmetry, it requires some tough decision-making and you to evaluate some not-so-easily quantified stuff, like the ability to traverse all terrain.

Right now, the Magrider is just an almost-symmetric MBT in the weapon department with a massive utility ability that the other two MBTs just don't even remotely have. That's as close to having it all as you can get.

Quite frankly I was expecting to see the less-hover + dropless 300m/s Enforcer approach and just to see a shift to Magriders using Rival Chassis and still coming out on top more than anyone else. Welp.

The good news at least is that MBT combat is subject to a lot of equalizers (okay, mostly the Annihilator) so it doesn't really throw the game off too bad that objectively-better MBTs exist.