PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Time to Kill(TTK) needs to be increased.
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-22, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Sifer2
Major

Re: Time to Kill(TTK) needs to be increased.

Personally i'm in favor of the TTK being raised at least a little beyond what it is now. Too often I can't even shoot, then take cover without dying after I have rounded the corner due to lag, and how few bullets the game has to think hit me to actually consider me dead. That right there alone completely disproves the whole "Low TTK promotes tactics an taking cover" argument.

Higher TTK naturally makes lag less of a crippling issue. Which is a major part of the reason the original Planetside went with high TTK. That said the Internet has come a long way. So a PS1 style of really high TTK is no longer needed but I think they reduced it too much in PS2. Just an increase of say 50% more health on Infantry might even be enough. That's like 4 bullets. Not huge but I think it would be a big improvement to gameplay.

And yes with more health allows more variation of weapon design. AOE weapons are less overpowered so those can be implemented just as an example.