PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Battle Island w/player created structures.
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-25, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sifer2
Major

Re: The Battle Island w/player created structures.

I like the creativity behind this but i'm not sure it would work as well as you imagine. I mean player created bases sound like they accomplish basically the same as the AMS. A spawn point/weapon terminals. And we already know that when you give players the ability to place this spawn point they just drive it as close to the capture point as possible. So you would have a Volcano with a whole bunch of bases right at the bottom of it, and a whole island that is barren with no fighting. Sounds like Crown 2.0 to me.

Now granted if resources were made more important, and placed all over then yes I could see it possibly working. If Infantry resources were needed to actually respawn Infantry. Then suddenly yes the metagame would drastically shift to something almost like Starcraft. Where players had to expand, and place bases on resources to extract them. Though the whole Volcano doomsday eruption would only get in the way of this metagame really.