PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: My thoughts for PS2 metagame and stuff.
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-26, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
FoxKnight
Private

My thoughts for PS2 metagame and stuff.

- 1st Point. We need a Common Pool Aircrafts(CPAs). They can be designed to have an Empire skin, but hit box, speed, firepower are the same and can be spawned from any base with a air platform.The CPAs can be spawned without any linking facilities. Speed and Handling: I would make them fastest and best handling out of all aircrafts. Weapons load out: I would have maybe Dual wing type weapons. Each wing can be loaded out like a max. Example: they can have Dual machine guns, or Dual Enforcer type missiles or maybe even Dual drop bombs. Or if they wanted one Machine gun and one Missile. I would not allow them to have access to rocket pods or Lock-on Missiles. Like a max they can be fire simultaneously using the right and left mouse buttons.

Reason for Point 1 - With a CPAs we are now able to link Empire Specific Fighters(ESF) and Liberators to a facility like an Amp station or the return of the Dropship centers. Controlling this base allows the ESF and Libs to be spawned at any linked facility.

- 2nd point. Now lets add a generator room to each base that controls the base benefits. Knocking out this generator would take out the benefit to the linking bases. The generator room I would design to be able to be held by one squad. I would make it 2 rooms, one smaller one to contain the gen and a bigger one set with cover from both directions. The Entrance of the big room would be covered by a shield.

Reason for Point 2 - With this we can now have behind enemy lines black ops to knock out an Empire's heavy equipment.
A bonus point - with out the ability to hot drop on an enemy control base we can use galaxies.

Last edited by FoxKnight; 2013-02-26 at 09:31 AM.