PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - new lattice tweet from higby
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: new lattice tweet from higby

Originally Posted by TheDrone View Post
The validity of the criticisms towards the lattice are not more or less valid depending on any alternatives I can present and their quality. Period. In order to present yourself as someone who would score positive on an IQ test it would be best if you were to pretend you understand this and then act accordingly.

Stop trying to derail the thread by simply imagining, inventing, shitting your twisted interpretation of "my idea" which you have not even taken the effort to read.
I will be more than willing to entertain any crazed ramblings on my idea in the appropriate thread.
I hate IQ tests, they always show something around 30...

But, well, arguing with a hothead is never good. Let's just say, I'm glad you are not part of the dev team, since your current attitude is such as which makes empires fall.

Originally Posted by Dkamanus View Post
This isn't something Im actually expecting and WANTING to go live. This will actually streamline the fights and will make the strategic level of the game MUCH more poorer. And this WON'T fix the metagame, since it also involves rewards for continent locking which aren't present.
Alot of your points miss the other side of the coin. The more choices there are, the more unpredictable the zerg is, the less defensive strategy is involved.

As for smaller outfits - while it sounds so epic, when you use words like "flanking" and "outmaneuvering", what happens in reality is there are 10 guys hacking 10 different hexes simultaneously, while NewSith is riding around all alone in his ATV all across a continent trying to resecure hexes, that nobody else cares about, since it's easier for everyone to do the exact same thing these 10 fellas are doing.

In other words, the system is trying to negate the very core problem of PlanetSide 2 - the game consisting of Attack vs Attack, as opposed to Attack vs Defense.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-03-03 at 04:11 PM.