PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gate Shields are actualy a vunerability.
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-08, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Re: Gate Shields are actualy a vunerability.

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
Honestly i dont see why gate shields stop vehicles and weapon fire but all infantry just pass right through. I would understand if there were no ther otions to bypass it but there are loads!

Especialy the AMP stations when there are outright gaps in the walls for some reason.

I say make gate shield stop infantry. Honestly i think this is the simplest possible fix to base defenseability. As far as the infantry is concerened those arent even chokepoints as it stands now.

There are PLENTY of ways to get through and shut them down. Light Assaults and Gate Shield Defuser equiped Sunderers being the most obvious (Although SOE needs to finaly fix this thing so it works 100% not 50% of the time). And lets not forget about gal drops and *gasp* going around. I would even go as far as to add a new one ,a gate shield defuser utility for the flash that would require the driver to be an infiltrator like the upcoming Wraith module.
This heretic spews blasphemy! Blasphemy!

Seriously however I do agree, this would be simple thing to implement and make the walls a tiny bit more important, than they are now. But I agree more with Kaska and have it a two-stage generator set up.