PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Feedback needed on concern of possible Connery and Helos merger
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-16, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
HelpLuperza
Corporal

Re: Feedback needed on concern of possible Connery and Helos merger

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The populations for all empires go up and down through out the day. The bottom line is more players will be better and we'll most likely see 2 conts pop-locked by all three factions with the rest on the 3rd. Global population means nothing when the cont is full and their are no Global objectives.
Question what do you mean by Global objectives?

In general, I definitely agree with you point evil pig that empires go up and down all the through out the day. In fact for fun, let take a look at the population during the cap at around 3:30 pm PST till it was uncaped around 9:30 PST.

See how the server changed as Indar cap occured till it was uncapped at around 9:30 pm PST. In fact, see how much the population of on Connery fluctuates? In fact, the population of planetside changes so much, that I think some of Energyone's fear of compete dominance of the map by the NC is not accurate. What you said put in better words why I 50% didn't agree with Energyone's opinion.

Now when we compare to Helos, I found oddly that the NC population was low. n the long term examination of population we find that the differences between NC population compared to VS and TR has been slowly growing. These two reason are why people may be concerned.

Moreover, statistically speaking I should mention that I ran the numbers using the last faction deviation information from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM 1E&gid=22
If Connery and Helos merged then, the TR will population wise turn into Connery's VS. In other words, the merged Helos and Connery TR would not only have the the exact same World Pop the Connery VS have right now about 31%, but we would have 1% less population.
Over a week average that is about 1% is roughly difference of 627 active ids per day. (If your perceptive you notice that this is a validity discrepancy in the numbers that Cupboy and Sirisian. I am working to get that error checked).

This brings me to a concern I had while reading over your post Evilpig, I am not sure that continients will always be capped or their will be enough people on that in general world population does not matter. So can you explain you point more? So could you explain more what you mean by global objectives?

What do the rest of you guys think about world populations affect on the battlefield? In general, my belief is that we could take steps to make the world population not as big of an issue that is currently is. For example, I have found that alerts are a great tool in having a balanced fight; however, they could be improved.

Lastly, something that I am surprised no one has brought up is the issue Energyone mentioned about player boosting and intentional harassment, like beyond normal trash talk, of smaller outfits on Helos. Those are some pretty serious charges, so I was wondering what you guys might know about it. Have you heard about this before in PS2? Is their anything we can do to help encourage smaller oufits and growth the community? Is their any Connery or Helos specific problems we as need to address before the servers are merged?

edit: ok so it too 5 hours, but you get the idea
edit: Need to talk to Hamma and Sirisian to see if I can get deeper probing statistics, I be able to post more.

Last edited by HelpLuperza; 2013-04-16 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Heading home, but here is something thoughts to nibble on