PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Let's discuss: The tactical value of the Harasser
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-26, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Mustakrakish
Corporal

Re: Let's discuss: The tactical value of the Harasser

The name is pretty indicative of its capabilities.
  • Approach from a flanking position, emerging from cover at the last possible second. The gunner unloads the Bulldog/Fury/Marauder/Halberd/Whatever into the cluster of infantry or the rear of the MBT you've just surprised, and then you Turbo the hell outta there before they can retaliate.
  • Put some distance between yourself and the fight while your gunner reloads, and trust whoever's in the jump seat (I'd go with an AV MAX or HA with lockons) to cover you while you make your getaway.
  • Wash, rinse, repeat. Stop and hide for repairs as necessary.

The Gate Shield Diffuser gives rise to some interesting possibilities. I'm really hoping it sees more use on the Harasser than it does on the Sunderer, since the driver no longer has to resist the temptation to equip AMS instead.

The one thing that seems strange is that they only seem capable of being spawned from Vehicle Terminals where Lightnings and MBTs are available, and not from Vehicle Terminals that offer only Flashes and Sunderers.

Also, put a Ranger or Walker on that thing and a Burster MAX in the jump seat and you've got one MEAN AA unit. It just might make the Skyguard obsolete.

Last edited by Mustakrakish; 2013-04-26 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Realized it can equip AA guns on the Primary